TransLinguist is looking for a Desktop Publishing Analyst / Graphics Designer having hands-on experience with industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign etc. An ideal candidate should be creative enough to deliver quality work with agility and attention to detail.
The DTP Analyst (Desktop Publishing Analyst) completes the DTP steps required in a localization (translation) project. Project tasks include evaluation, preparation, formatting, PDFing, delivery and back up of the project files. Project deliverables range from technical docs (online & offline) to brochures and art files. Additionally, the Analyst will be responsible to conceptualise and design web/print-ready graphics for websites and marketing material for TransLinguist.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage production of desktop publishing (DTP) projects using InDesign, Illustrator and other desktop publishing applications
- Perform daily hands-on DTP of multiple projects in coordination with Project Managers and other production team members, in various offices and time zones, to ensure project deadlines are met
- Troubleshoot technical issues and perform other special projects or duties when required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Preferable advanced skills with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Office and other desktop publishing applications
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Must be willing to learn new skills, be open to challenges and thrive on success
- Work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build relationships with co-workers, work as part of a team, and commit to a high level of service
- Layout pages and familiarise oneself with client requirement.
- A fast worker with an eye for detail – Alignments should be perfect, as defined.
- Making sure all marked corrections are properly interpreted and diligently carried out.
- No errors induced and work on assigned file as per the set instructions.
- Evaluate and prepare project deliverables (on and offline documentations, art files and brochures) for translation following set quality standards. This process typically includes the verification of source files and fonts and the conversion of files
- Format and PDF documentation, place and resize localized screen dumps and art files, generate indexes and tables of contents.
- Complete own projects on time and in line with quality standards.
- Provide daily feedback to the DTP Team Lead / Production Executive on project tasks status.
- To be fully responsible for the layout, visual appearance and usability of designs
- 1+ years of Design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Desktop Publishing / Graphics Design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign etc) / Microsoft Office
- Have a personal commitment to continuously learn and improve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, WEB DESIGN, UI design, Adobe Design Programs